Boston's Premier Foundation College

Helping individuals of all ages build the foundation for personal success
as students, workers, citizens and leaders.

Priceless education and connections

How to apply to URBAN COLLEGE:

  • 1. Complete the Admissions Application. Please note that there is a $15 application fee, though this fee can be waived under certain circumstances.

  • 2. Provide us with a copy of your High School Diploma/Transcript, GED, or HiSET.

  • 3. Speak with one of our advisors. Schedule an appointment by calling 617-449-7070.

  • 4. If you plan on applying for financial aid, please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at Urban College's school code is 031305. If you would like help applying, please contact the Financial Aid Office (617-449-7428). To apply for financial aid for the 2020-2021 academic year (Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Summer 2021), you will need information from your 2018 Tax Return.

    * If you have passed College Writing I or II at another institution,  please provide us with a copy of your college transcript.
    * We may ask you to complete a placement test. Placement tests are currently being administered remotely.

  • Taking three or four classes? Add these steps:

    • 1. Have your Health Insurance Card (for 3 or more classes only)
      2. Complete the Health Insurance Waiver (for 3 or more classes only)
      3. Get a copy of your Immunization Records (for 4 classes only



​Rolling Admissions

​Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis, which means applications are reviewed and decisions made as soon as all requirements are met, and all information has been received by the College. Those interested may apply to UCB at any time. Applications are reviewed and decisions made as soon as all requirements are met. Students may be admitted to either the Fall, Spring, or Summer semester. 


Transfer credits: students applying for transfer from another college or university must include a completed Urban College application and all official transcripts of credits earned. UCB accepts up to 45 credits in transfer in which a grade of C (2.0 gpa) or better was earned. All remaining credits required for the degree must be awarded by UCB. Students with high school diplomas, GED certificates or College transcripts in languages other than English, must have their diploma, certificate or transcript translated into English and submit a notarized copy to the Enrollment Services office. College transcripts and course descriptions must be translated and notarized for courses to be acceptable for transfer. 

​Experiential Learning

​Urban College of Boston may award up to six academic credits for learning attained outside traditional course work. This may include employment, travel, reading, volunteer activities. To obtain credit for experiential learning, the student must submit a portfolio presenting detailed evidence of knowledge gained in a non-traditional setting. The Division Chair in the appropriate area of study and the Academic Dean will make determination of eligibility for credit (Pass/Fail)