Urban College of Boston (UCB) is launching
Foundation for Success,
a full-time Associate Degree program for recent
Boston Public School (BPS) graduates.
Is this program for me?
This program is for you if you:
· Are motivated, want to attend college, and are willing to commit to a full-time, daytime program.
· Are a recent BPS graduate (i.e., you received your high school diploma from a BPS high school after June 1, 2016).
· Are eligible for a Pell Grant.* (For eligibility criteria, visit: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/grants-scholarships/pell)
*If you are ineligible for a Pell Grant, please contact Rebecca Aponte (617-449-7042) as there may be alternative funding to support your enrollment.
What does the program include?
· Free tuition for up to three years of full-time enrollment.
· 8 core classes during the 1st year to lay the foundation for future success in college.
· Various options for associate degrees and certificates, including Early Childhood Education, Human Services Administration, General Studies, Criminal Justice, Business, and Management.
· Intensive, individualized coaching and advising.
What can I do with my associate degree?
· Continue your education - credits transfer seamlessly to other colleges and universities.
· Join the workforce - our program includes career exploration through job shadowing, internships, and/or part-time employment.
What will it cost me?
Any costs beyond your Pell Grant will be fully covered by the program — tuition, fees, and books will all be free.
· Free Tuition
· Free Books
· No Fees
Why “Foundation for Success”?
The first few years of college are key for your future educational and career success. As you strive toward your educational goals, we will provide the academic, career, and other supports needed to help you achieve your dreams. The program is:
· Designed for you, with small classes, a tight-knit college community and indivdualized support.
· Located at UCB’s new campus in the heart of downtown Boston, in the midst of numerous colleges and universities.
· Easily accessible via the MBTA.
How do I apply?
The application deadline is August 31, 2018 and the program will start September 17, 2018.
Download the Admissions Application for Foundations For Success HERE and stop by UCB to talk with an advisor.
What if I still have questions?
Please contact Rebecca Aponte, Email: Rebecca.Aponte@urbancollege.edu